Saturday, May 09, 2009

Ruffian has found another foster home

Ruffian has been rescued again.

I posted the following request on Facebook: "Ruffian needs a home ASAP - he is coming back from foster this week and cannot enter the infected rescue workshop , due to the distemper outbreak. Check out his profile here http://www.facebook.com/l/;http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8002355 and tell everyone who loves cats that he is about to become homeless! Foster or adopt this lovely boy"

Well the Facebook nation came through for me! I had a few responses from adopters and volunteers, also Laurie Wheeler posted Ruffian's bio on her HART website here: http://www.valleyhart.com/adoptus.htm

Yesterday I met a wonderful woman, Angela, who offered to bring Ruffian into her home of 2 other cats and 2 dogs. I brought her to his former foster home, and she met him and saw how he like to be rubbed, once I dragged him out from under the bed. So I brought him to Angela's house to help him get settled in. It is starting as a foster home, but if he gets along well with the dogs and resident cats, he may be adopted!



Here is a message sent this morning by Angela, his new foster Mom


Hi Sonya,
just wanted to give a quick update on Ruffian. He came out from under the bed last night on his own after a few hours of Mark and myself being in and out of the room for visits. He hopped up on the bed with Mark at one point and laid down with him.
Both our cats have been at the door hissing and sniffing. Ruffian is interested and goes to the door but doesn't make any noises. He also caught a good look at our German Shepherd, I don't think he knew what to make of that, but he seemed very curious.
Last night around 3:30am he started to cry. He was scratching around in his litterbox quite a bit too. So I went in and cleaned the box and added some more litter. He was still crying so I gave him some more food and he seemed fine after that.
This morning he's playing hard to get again, but I don't expect it will last too long based on last night.
Angela

No comments: