Thursday, April 02, 2009

Help needed to start TNR at Fisherman's Cove

I am looking for volunteers to help me start a TNR program in Eastern Passage at the Fisherman's Cove, where some fishermen want to get rid of the cats. We need to convince them that it is beneficial to keep a small sterilized colony of cats there to manage the rats, if we remove all the cats the vacuum effect will allow more new cats to move in and start the cycle all over again.
Update April 14th - I have captured 7 cats so far, 4 of them were adoptable and the other 3 have been spayed and neutered, etc. I want to be able to return these 3 cat sto their own home environemtn at Fisherman's Cove, but until I am convinced that there will be no cruelty I do not want to put the cats back. Any suggestions welcomed.

No comments: